Will connection be ok?

13 Sep 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all. So we're having a kitchen refit and would like to get an induction hob.My question is, will my hob and oven be ok on my cooker switch. On the consumer unit says B40, which I assume is 40 amp. Would this be sufficient for a single oven and induction hob?
The induction hob says it needs 7.3 KW connection and 32 amp fuse rating.
The only info I can find for the oven says 13 amp fuse rating.
I know it's not as simple as that, but at a guess would this suitable. It has a cooker switch unit, but that's as much as I know. Any help would be appreciated.

I've just noticed that under the cooker switch on the consumer unit it has cooker 2 socket RMS written underneath. Not sure if that helps​
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes it is OK, we have what is called diversity, I.e. not every heat area will call for heat at same time.

The waste is less, the heat required is same so it must used less power than other electric hobs.
So I could Safely bank on everything being up to spec? Thanks for your reply
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local