will cooker point cope with new cooker

Just to clarify, I won't be connecting these, either at the CU or in the kitchen/bathrooms. It's just to cover any future changes.
What I would do in the kitchen is run the cooker circuit to a cooker control unit and then to a 13A single socket behind the cooker.

That way you have a conviniant socket behind the cooker for the gas ignition now and can easilly swap it for a cooker outlet plate later if you decide to go electric.

Sponsored Links
We have made assumptions here....what is the breaker size, cable size, and does the switch have a socket?
Switch at cooker has a socket but I will replace for one that doesnt - have worked out through this site that extra 13A is an unecessary facility

fuse box is a brand called "EMMA"(?)
I had it put in when I bought house
it contains: shower B40 (dont know what the B means sorry);
some sockets (radial) B20 - this is repeated;
cooker B32;
main trip switch says 63A;
label says "80A 30mA RCCB....not to exceed 80A"
cable I am massuming is 6mm2 although its hard to work out area of a tiny circle(!) .. grey cable is about 11 or 12mm at its longest width if that makes sense
Anyway I think I'll be ok but I will leave some access points in walls and behind units incase I need to upgrade.
Reminder..
these details are provided so that you or someone can reassure me (as much as is possible on this site) that I wont burn the house down
Once again many thanks
this is a fantastic site..
excellent advice and respect given to non experts

(dont know what the B means sorry);
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=76467#76467

cable I am massuming is 6mm2 although its hard to work out area of a tiny circle(!)
A simple caliper gauge with a 1DP resolution vernier is all you need to measure the diameter of a conductor.

.. grey cable is about 11 or 12mm at its longest width if that makes sense
That sounds more like 4mm - //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=201507#201507

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back