will moist air from dryer rot felt in my roof?

spx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my washing machine is in a cupboard and I was hoping to put a dryer on top of it. unfortunatly I have no where to run the air pipe as I have neighbours next door. The only place I can run it is up into the loft above my kitchen (i have a slanted roof with 2 air vents).

Will the moisture cause any damage to the felt or roof beams?

Or can a condenser dryer be installed on top of a washing machine?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't recommend venting it straight into the roof space as you will definitely get condensation in cold weather, also depending on the roof ventilation wou wil also trap the moist air in there.

I would have thought that the best bet was to run out to a new air vent.

As far as putting something on your washing maching is concerned, not really recommended either as the top is not designed to take any weight (Idon't know the weight of a condensing drier). You might just get away with it if the weight was distributed on to each corner as that's where the strength is but if it's away from there the machine top will bow. Better to put a separate shelf in. :)

Thanks for the reply, I never thought about puting a shelve in..... will do that! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
spx said:
Or can a condenser dryer be installed on top of a washing machine?

cant speak for all brands, but hotpoint w/m are designed to have a dryer stacked on top, but a shelf is MUCH better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back