Will the worlds economy crash when cars are all electric

D

Doggit

Interesting report on microsoft news, where an economist reckons that oil could crash to $10 a barrell by about 2025 as electric cars become more common. Russia, Venezualla and the Opec countries all rely on oil revenues, so could they survive without them.

Sponsored Links
Electric cars are a government job and money making scam. Its an impossible goal with the current tech. 10 years from now they will be bleating on about how toxic the used batteries are to dispose of etc etc. People in terrace houses and no drive cant ever reasonably have such a car as they cant charge it without cables running across pavements and the National grid certainly could never cope with more than a few cars per street. They are already bleating about how there could be power brownouts in the near future due to lack of investment in the grid so how the hell do they hope to supply a mass influx of huge chargers?

Interesting report on microsoft news, where an economist reckons that oil could crash to $10 a barrell by about 2025 as electric cars become more common. Russia, Venezualla and the Opec countries all rely on oil revenues, so could they survive without them.

Oil companies are investing in renewables, so I expect they will continue to survive, the countries that have the oil, maybe not so much!

Of course it is only the type of fuel that cars need that will change not the demand for fuel. A change to electric cars will mean a vast increase in electricity production. Fossel fuel power stations may increase.

I can't see that in a mere 7 years enough people will change to lower oil demand anyway. Ships, planes and the like won't be electiric anytime soon and they use more than all of us.

Sponsored Links
At some point, each country will sort out the issues of charging cars for owners that do't have a dedicated charging point, even if it takes a further 10 years, but when cars no longer need carbon based fuels, will the oil producing nations have made a transition to give them stability, or will their economies crash, and cause a global crisis.

Well I guess you would have to ask the Americans as they will probably be running those countries by then lol. Seriously though I don't know its a scary prospect isn't it? I can't see what they could do other than be a magnet for super low taxes and in turn therefore businesses where trillions of pennies make billions of pounds of revenue. There are so many finite resources that we appear to be literally burning through that I do wonder what the future holds for us and our kids and if not them then certainly their kids. I think food security is the most worrying and most likely to be an issue for us here now. We have all seen what happens to asda etc when they close for xmas day! You would think the world was ending - people with 35 loaves in their trolley!

I think waters going to be the next shortage to cause wars rather than food.

Nope, south east. And the Wash down to Southampton is reckoned to be the dryest part of England. But because we flush most of our fresh water down the toilet, and the population of the planet has now reached 6.5 Billion, we're heading for a perfect storm in the next 20 years, of lack of water, and the top soil being erroded by over farming.

Not to worry the idiot Trump and the little fat fella will blow us all to smithereens long before any of that.

with out oil exports / demand there economy will collapse , Saudi's , Iran., ect

but think of the money they'll save on invasions.

electric cars, powered not by batteries, but hydrogen fuel cells.

hydrogen split from water, using renewable power.

And I agree on the [drinkable] water wars being a realistic possibility.

Sponsored Links
Back