Will this be strong enough for 17kg TV on breeze block wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys.

I just moved to a new house and I was wanting to mount my tv. It is 55 inch and about 17.5kg.

My old house had dot and dab so I used corefix which were great but here I have soft breeze block.

I have mounted the bracket already with 10mm Fischer duopower wall plugs and THESE M8 80mm Concrete bolts.

I am worried I did the bolts too tight. I used a spanner but didn't go crazy. I didn't use any body weight to tighten etc.

It feels really secure with a bolt in each corner but I was just looking for some reassurance basically as I have a toddler and a puppy in the room as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers.

Dan

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yeah those bolts are normally for that but I thought they would be good in this situation with the fischer wall plugs. I thought they would make a good combo.

Sponsored Links
breeze block.

A bet you a pound it isn't actually breeze. Depending on age, more likely to be foamed concrete block.

what colour was the dust when you drilled, and how old is the house?

are the blocks visible anywhere? e.g. in an unplastered space such as the garage or loft?

A bet you a pound it isn't actually breeze. Depending on age, more likely to be foamed concrete block.

what colour was the dust when you drilled, and how old is the house?

are the blocks visible anywhere? e.g. in an unplastered space such as the garage or loft?

I think house was built in the 90's. The dust was one type of grey and it was easy to drill.

I need to get hold of a ladder to check the loft. I just moved in so crap everywhere at the mo.

So is this not safe to hang the tv on? Because I will wait otherwise. I practically hung off the bracket and it was solid.

are you using a flat/slight tilt bracket or a cantilever. if the former you should be ok as the weight is acting straight down next to the wall. if you can hang off the bracket then the tv can

are you using a flat/slight tilt bracket or a cantilever. if the former you should be ok as the weight is acting straight down next to the wall. if you can hang off the bracket then the tv can

Yeah It's a flat type with slight tilt. My intinct says it feels secure but tv's on walls make me nervous for some reason.

It's the 3rd different wall type in 3 houses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back