will water board help you locate stop cock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all

i was just wandering will the water board help you locate your external stop cock or will they have plans where its located as i am going so start refurbishing my property and need acess to a external stopcock as i have a lead main and want to fix a leaking stopcock on it

thanks guys

Sponsored Links
They will come out and locate your stopcock for you.
Last time i had it done for a customer there was a charge.

i have a lead main and want to fix a leaking stopcock on it
Thames Water have subsidies (1) to replace lead pipes if they leave traces in the drinking water (2) to repair leaks.

Start by asking them to come and take water samples so they can see if there is lead in the water. Do it fast. In my case they took so long to come that I had replaced the main before they came. Ask for their leaflet on the two subsidies (you may be able to download it) and state that you wish to claim.

they will normally replace their bit of lead pipe that comes under the pavement, if lead pipe is being replaced, aqnd it will be very much easier for you to join your new bit of plastic onto their new bit of plastic, than if you have to try and join to their 100-year-old lead stump and ancient stopcock.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back