Wilo Pumps

payne166 said:
Hands on hearts guy's, what pump would you choose on your own systems if it went pear shaped?
My own pump failed about two months ago, and I fitted a Grundfos UPS 15-50.

Sponsored Links
If I knew my own system was totally clean then I would fit a Wilo.

The Wilo has a plastic bearing that quickly gets worn badly by fine magnetite. Otherwise the electrical part virtually never fails.

The CP53 seems to be a good all round pump at a lower price. They both wear the bearings and fail electrically.

The Grunfoss has a ceramic bearing and a VERY hard shaft which is very resistant to wear BUT it costs about twice as much AND they have a much greater chance of failing electrically.

I have not seen enough DAB pumps and would be interested to hear of anywhere they have been used in quantity to see how reliable they are. I would not normally think of fitting them because they look cheap.

Tony

Agile said:
The Grunfoss .... they have a much greater chance of failing electrically.
My memory is pretty good, and I can remember only one Grundfos that I've replaced that had failed electrically instead of simply being worn out.

I fitted a Wilo in place of a Grunfos and the chap is begging me to put a Grunny back; it's in a bedroom cupboard and the Wilo is noticeably louder.

Had 3 electrically failed grunnies since Xmas, one was full of water though.

Sponsored Links
My local scrap yard is selling Grundfos pumps (or any make) from old combis for £2.00. You know it makes sense. Always have a couple of 'recon pumps' for sale.

Sandrounder said:
Always have a couple of 'recon pumps' for sale.
Presumably you have them hanging from the inside of your overcoat and sell in them yer local.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back