wind turbine in well known shed

what we need in this country is a rain turbine, now that would pay for itself in a week :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You know what this government is like,if it becomes popular and save you money,they will tax it.

Just put a flag on your roof that has the words "green person" written on it - that'll save you the expense and the environment the damage in manufacturing the blighter, whilst at the same showing the neighbours that you're an environmentally friendly type. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Lol, good one cuthbert.I just thought of a design,how about if the made a hybrid system......a windturbine with a satalight dish.It could power all your receivers but then again if the wind stops you would have to read a book.
Being serious,just read an article in my newspaper which states,from engineers,that domestic wind turbines would not generate enough electricity to power a hair dryer.

All men should have No.3`s and dry them in the wind .....say no to Poncy Haircuts :eek:

Commercial wind turbine is very expensive, i can not afford it, so i diy my own wind turbine, althouth Homemade wind turbine is poor in some aspect than commercial-made, but it really reduce my home power bills, why not diy your own wind turbines?

well lets stop all this inncorrect mumbo jumbo...

there is good news,

during the latest ARGI agm ,(location which was a place kindly lent to us by a renewables training school, called, Ecoskies,) we invited them during the day to please give us, a presentation on the current state of renewables.

stop all the whinging and calculated pay back viability and listen.

this country, partially due to global positioning and our own ineptitude, we will produce too large a carbon foot print.

now, the goverment know this and due global commitments entered into.

If we dont meet the criteria by a certain date, this nation will be fined billions of pounds.

now with this fact in mind...
the goverment announces an innitiative to build new nuclear power stations.

sorry the first wont be on line for 10-15yrs.

now what? we get fined anyway.

there is a new innitiative being rolled out, off load the renewables onto the domestic home owners.

the scheme will operate like this,

there will a register of duly qualified installers, you will, when use one of these installers,will be entitled to large grant, dependant on what your installing, figures of £2,400 for solar for example.

then and this the corker...

all energy you produce, wil lbe metered.

dependant on the method and tarrif, this will earn you between 16-32p per unit

oh did I mention FIT?

the feed in tarriff.

well what will happen is this...

for every unit you generate, you will be paid, even if you use it yourself.

This is where the government could invest millions/billions either itself or through the best firms/engineers/scientists to develop effective alternative systems that would help solve a problem they know they will have.

Rather relies on having a government that actually has some common sense. Case in point LDV were one of the leading developers of electric vehicals and were on the verge of mass production of electric vans. In the recent economic climate they were having problems and asked for a loan of some £4 million from the government which was refused, LDV later collapsed and was lost. This government not long after gave £25 million to a consortium involving merc and toyta and someone else to look into and develop electric vehicals!
Also whilist not an enviromental issue the government then put something like £180 million into a regeneration project for Aston and surrounding areas of Birmingham (for those of you who don't know the UK LDV was Birmingham based) which would in their words create up to 2500 jobs, i.e less than were lost by letting LDV go to the wall! And of course just to rub even more salt into the wound how much was given to the banks that had caused the economic problems in the first place.
I agree that these turbines are at best a gimmick. The main problem is that the whole approach is deeply flawed. We really need to look at ways to reduce energy consumption not simply think up ways to generate more to satisfy an ever developing greed for more power.

Pete

don't know if they make them for domestic, but a gas turbine generator that recycles the heat for hot water and heating is an option..

Who needs wind for wind turbines at this time of year?

Just eat more sprouts! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back