window cleaning help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i am a joiner property maintenance i have been asked to clean some windows what do you put in the water to stop leaving streaks on the class also where is the best place to buy the tools and liquid and what would i need i have the ladder

cheers wilson

Sponsored Links
Also white vinegar is good, even just using soapy water then drying, then using a chamois leather will get em up good.

believe it or not b & q they have a bucket, squeege and washer thing (furry squegee) and a bottle of blue stuff, doesnt leave streaks,(all in a box for about £10) as for ladder depends how high windows are

Sponsored Links
hi there i am a joiner property maintenance i have been asked to clean some windows what do you put in the water to stop leaving streaks on the class also where is the best place to buy the tools and liquid and what would i need i have the ladder

You can't beat newspaper for drying off glass streak free.

use of a rubber squeegee is the key. you can get a proper one from janitorial supplies outlet in your town. the best ones are brass with a replacable rubber, I think they are "Ettore" brand or some Italian name.

a woolly washer will do, or a soft-bristled sweeping brush if they are very dirty.

pure clean water with just a drop of fairly liquid in it to cut through greasy dirt. you don't want bubbles. If you can get soft or softened water it will dry cleaner than hard. no need to polish.

BTW if you are cleaning windows off a ladder as part of your job, you will have to pay more more your life assurance, accident insurance, sick pay insurance etc. Otherwise they will be unwilling to pay out if you make a claim.

Back