Window handle not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my window handles is no longer operational. I can move it between the upright and horizontal position but there is very little resistance when I do this. This does not allow me to open the window.

Can I just unscrew and replace or is this likely to be complicated?

Attachments

• 20181207_083015845_iOS.jpg
    20181207_083015845_iOS.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 20181207_083027910_iOS.jpg
    20181207_083027910_iOS.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 91
Sponsored Links
Take the handle off, it's either the spindle has come out of the handle and moved forward thus not being connected to the lever anymore OR the square hole within the locking mechanism itself has disintegrated causing the square spindle to now just turn and turn in, need to remove handle to see. You can hammer the spindle back into the back of the handle for a cheap temp fix or buy another handle for a few quid, however if its the mechanism at fault then it can't be repaired and will need replacing, so many variations of these but pretty much all available for pvc hardware suppliers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back