Window hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

New to the forum.

So for a couple of windows I am guessing I will need new hinges since the window does not close on the hinge side. Locks into the handle side but not the other.

However, I've come to measure the width of the hinge and gained 17mm. But does the hinge need to sit into the track or on top like they are currently and in the picture. Otherwise then it maybe the 13mm. All my windows are like this so guessing it is okay for the 17mm. Just that the people in here before a couple years back seem to have a "that'll do" kind of mind to sell, so I am finding out.

Thanks.

Craig

Attachments

• 20210117_150320.jpg
    20210117_150320.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
You mean the width of the stainless channel? If so yes get the same width as you have, this is the standard most used width 99.9% of the time although I did see some 20mm years ago, now I'm guessing here and will say if you've seen 13mm and 17mm mentioned it doesn't actually mean the width, its refering to the 'stack' height, that is the height of the hinge when it is full closed up

window-hinge-stack-hieght-600x600.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Makes sense and kind of answers my question.

I meant if the hinge width had to fit within the plastic track of the frame (rather than sit on top like mine do, see attached). But if the widths do not vary and just the stack height then this should be okay to sit on top of the plastic frame.

Attachments

• 20210117_162047.jpg
    20210117_162047.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
Yes a 13mm might actually fit in that groove but that's not what they mean when they advertise 13mm, 13mm is the stack height

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back