1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Window latch/lock?? What is it calledm

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by fenestri, 26 Jul 2019.

  1. fenestri


    26 Jul 2019
    Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

    I moved into a new flat that I'm renting recently and there is a window lock/latch on one of the sliding windows.

    I just wanted to know if anyone knew what it's called because I want one for the other sliding window as it'll help me lock them while I have the outer window open.

    I've attached a picture of it to this post.

    My windows are "double-glazed" in the sense that because this was a Grade listed building, they've kept the outer windows as the originals and then added a sliding window kind of thing to provide the second "glaze".

    I'm too short (even with a stepladder) to be locking the outer window all the time, to keep my flat secure so I want to buy another window lock/latch that's easily fitted, similar to the image attached and won't annoy the landlord.

    I have asked the landlord already and they said they can't help me.

    Thank you!

    Attached Files:

  2. DIYnot Local

    DIYnot Local

    3 Sep 2019
    United Kingdom

    If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

    Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

    Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

  3. Sponsored Links

Share This Page