Window lead design warping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a Georgian design on the window panels on my front door but on one of them the lead design is curving upwards and I have no idea why and how to fix this. Any help gratefully received. Here’s a photo...

Attachments

• 80986ABB-694C-426B-B10F-5CEF1E6196B1.jpeg
    80986ABB-694C-426B-B10F-5CEF1E6196B1.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 76
Sponsored Links
as its stuck on lead its bored kids/adults pushing it up or compression off something on that surface encouraging the lead to slide
if it was expansion the lead has no strength so would bend or deflect down through weight rather than push upwards??

Normally you would see the lead ' buckle ' if it was an expansion/contraction issue . The lead should be under the door moulding and I'd be very surprised if a person would be able to push it like that , my guess would be a window cleaning tool has caused it. Or the lead wasn't properly ' rolled ' after it was adhered to the glass. Three solutions, one , if under warranty, call them out, two, remove the unit and straighten the lead yourself. Three, straighten the lead in situ , cut any excess off that doesn't go behind the beading with a single edge razor blade ( or similar) , then press incredibly firmly along the line of the lead

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for your advice. I will take the steps you suggest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back