Window opening/closure systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got this basement flat with light wells and currently the small windows have a catch which allows easy closure but not opening! It’s necessary to use a stick to push it open or get on a chair and into the lightwell itself. Must be a better solution?

Attachments

• A24E474E-EF1B-47B9-908D-3B53C32341EA.jpeg
    A24E474E-EF1B-47B9-908D-3B53C32341EA.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links
seeker68, good evening.

Seen a few of these, as I recall mostly on Georgian and Victorian property? they generally work when you can, using a hook, pull the open sash closed, at one time there was a specially made hook on a pole which allowed the above.

Because of the position of your window, I am assuming that when open you cannot see the circular hoop that the hook was designed to fit into.

There is a shall I call it old fashioned system that employed a screw which was turned bu an endless cord, as the cord was pulled one way, the sash was opened, pulling the cord in the other direction the closed, I have seen electronic versions at £££ which can be used on Velux type roof lights

Suggest you Google "Window Winders" No not a wind up?? but there are a load of such devices?

Ken

Google window chain openers or look on you tube, you can get electric or manual ones with a winding handle, fitted some years ago for severn trent water in a pumping station, handle was at chest height - window was 100ft up in the air

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back