Window reveals and homelux edging strips - tile rough edges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Having a nice mare with the bathroom renovation after the bath splitting once it has been tiled in! :evil:

Now I'm onto the windows and I did want to tile up to the edges - use an edging strip then tile the reveals.

Problem is that I can see the chips the tile cutter has made and I'm not happy installing like that.

I did try a manual cutter and to be honest the cut was rough but without any chips - still not great. The tiles aren't flat, they have a slight texture.

Is there anything on the market which would hide the edges of the tiles better? I'll get away with uncut edges on the reveal but for the cuts around the window I need something that will cover a bit more of the tile. Edging that covers more of the tile maybe but I can't find any.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Edging strips will usually hide any common chips.

Why not change the tile saw disc for a new one? Is the water spray adequate? Manual cutter wheels are also prone to wear and chip but dont use one with your tile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back