tiling edging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am in the process of tiling a toilet with a window reveal. All going well so far except,
i dont like the plastic edging strips so i butted the tiles together, i think its ok although the tiles are not dyed on the edges.

what can use on these edges after i have already fitted them. could i just enamel paint (airfix paint) the edges. Are the 1/4 quadrant mouldings available ? The tiles are black with a marbled vein on them.

Any help appreciated as the wife is giving me hell - again :confused:

thanks

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean about tile trim; I don’t like it much either & will only fit on customer request. On half tiled walls I usually just leave them open & they look fine but on widow reveals, I prefer to bevel edge abutting tiles. A bit late now you’ve fitted them & short of taking them off again, your going to be very restricted on what you can do to improve the looks; it's likely to look even more naf than plastic trim.

if you have enough tiles left over take up the old ones and replace, or go back to the place you purchased them and get a few more (get the same batch)and then maybe use a chrome trim instead of nothing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back