wood beading as tile edge trim?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to tile the kitchen, halfway up the wall, and just looking at how to finish the edges. First time I have encountered these edging strips, and I don't like them. The tiles are the same colour as the wall paint (antique white), it's a very olde worlde cottage kitchen, and I just can't picture a metal strips running along the middle of the wall.

What I am considering doing is using 10mm wide timber beading, either flat and rounded or quadrant, painting it to match and sticking it along the top edge. Please let me know if there is anything drastically wrong with this idea!

Sponsored Links
I am about to tile the kitchen, halfway up the wall, and just looking at how to finish the edges. First time I have encountered these edging strips, and I don't like them. The tiles are the same colour as the wall paint (antique white), it's a very olde worlde cottage kitchen, and I just can't picture a metal strips running along the middle of the wall.

What I am considering doing is using 10mm wide timber beading, either flat and rounded or quadrant, painting it to match and sticking it along the top edge. Please let me know if there is anything drastically wrong with this idea!
Hi mate.

Did you do this?
How did it work out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back