Window reveals out of square

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently tiling my bathroom and will be at the point of tiling up to and into the window reveals using metallic trim.

The reveals are only around 50mm wide but the left and right hand reveals are parallel to each other but out of square with the bottom and top reveals - think parallelogram:

parallelogram.gif

The sides run out by around 50mm from top to bottom.

What would you advise I do to get them a square as possible?

Currently, it's just 12.5mm plasterboard strips fixed to wood.

Sponsored Links
if you square it off by packing using p/boards will the window open?
if not, imo cut walls back and re-board to square.

Yes, plenty of frame visible. I suppose I could cut another couple of strips of plasterboard (or some leftover 12mm hardibacker) and use plasterboard adhesive to bond them in position.

Yes, plenty of frame visible. I suppose I could cut another couple of strips of plasterboard (or some leftover 12mm hardibacker) and use plasterboard adhesive to bond them in position.

dont use dri wall adhesive for the hardibacker,the gypsum in the dri wall addy wont bond to the cement based backerboard,it will for a while then de-bond because off the reaction between the 2 substrates.
if using the b/board use a flexible tile addy to bond to exsisting.

Sponsored Links
how does the window sit in relation to the problem can you loose the discrepancy or will the window look odd against tiles because the margins dissapear!or extremly uneven !!

After a closer look, the window seems to sit with the reveals as they are currently. If I level them it may highlight a problem.
It's not a problem tiling to what's there but I may struggle with angles which aren't 45 degrees on the metallic tile trim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back