Windows 7 updates not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have recently downloaded and installed Windows 10 (from Windows 7 64 bit) on my Medion pc. Two days later I then tried downloading Windows 10 on my wife's Medion pc (from Windows 7 32 bit) and I could not get it to download, my wife said she had not had any Windows updates to install for some months. Anyway after trying a few things with no apparent luck, I then put her pc back to the factory setting with the Recovery Disc and started Windows Updates,the pc downloaded/installed only 17 Windows Updates then would not download anymore. The pc comes up with” Windows could not search for updates” and also showed code “80007000E”. From this I presume her Medion Recovery Disc is faulty ? I have put all her files back on to her pc and it seems to working OK (as it was before). Have run sfc /scannow, which came up with ”Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations”. When I look at the registry via regedit I find :HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows but the Windows Update folder at the end is not there. Is it possible for me

Sponsored Links
I've now got the exact same problem and have tried everything mentioned anywhere to fix it to no avail.

Did you manage to fix yours?

Hi yes this solved my problem but yours might be something different. I found this information from other sites:

If SP1 and Update Client 7.6.7600.320 takes over. The only glimmer of light came when I downloaded updates KB3102810 and KB947821 and I then was able to download/install nearly a hundred updates and then I was dogged again by windows update error 0x80070005 which again I wasn’t able to fix. The preceding was done with update 7.6.7600.320 which I was always forced to apply in order to move on. I then decided to reset to factory condition and when I started to update and got to SP1 I would downloaded/install it on its own. I carried that out and after downloading/installing SP1, I immediately manual downloaded and installed KB3102810 and followed that with KB947821. I found I was then able to download and install windows updates and I still have update 7.6.7600.256 and have not been forced to download update 7.6.7600.32, three days have passed OK so I am hoping that my problem has finally been resolved.

Sponsored Links
How did you reset to factory condition? I'm sitting here contemplating backing everything up - again - and doing a fresh install of Windows 7 but it's such a pain to do that that it's gonna be my last resort.

Hi

First have you checked to see in your windows updates whether you have download update 7.6.7600.320 or windows 7.6.7600.256?

My problem was due to when it downloaded Windows SP1 update 7.6.7600.320 replaced 7.6.7600.256. which I found many other people had exactly the same problem.

Note I’m 82 years old and it took me a couple of weeks to solve with the help from other sites.so don’t give up it just takes time. I’m away for a few days after tomorrow good luck.

Back