windows has blocked this software------

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
I've just clicked your link and it opened it Firefox using XP.

Also just tried it in IE7 and it works in that too!

Full instructions and pictures HERE of how to correct it, if you have XP and use Internet Explorer

dave

I can see it

looks like a huge grey monster emerging from the sea.

If you are using Internet Explorer check the following:

In IE options, Advanced tab - scroll to Security and click on box next to "Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid"

You may also need to clear the check mark next to "Check for signatures on downloaded programs"

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. Interesting to know the links ok on your pc's. I have messed about for ages in internet options, disable active x, allow unsigned, trusted sites added etc. Got exited when error message changed to 'DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS ANYWAY' but clickin yes just made the same error message repeat. Grrr. Anyhow I think this could be an aol problem ?? I have reset i/e 7 to default and pc running nicely. Apart from this little bug..
Thanks again.. If I get any joy from aol ((if :rolleyes: )) I'll let you know.

Windows xp home sp3
(I downloaded sp3 last week in hope that it mght solve above)
amd athlon 1.3 xp1500.
1gig ram.
aol :rolleyes:

Have you tried the following (this is for IE6)

Go to Tools/ Internet options/ Security

Select Custom Level scroll to ActiveX Controls/ Download unsigned ActiveX controls and set to "prompt" .

Thanks again all. I tried your suggestions and was fidding, I created a new account to see what things looked like from scratch and the error message for the webcam was 'THIS SOFTWARE USES JAVA '. I realised java was missing :oops: dont know why or if it should be missing. anyhow, I downloaded java and all working now .. Thanks for all your time.

Gawd pip hope that bloke who uninstalled sp2 had Java.

We used this cam last year to see some friends who if they stand on a wall and wave we can see quite clearly.. lol

Sponsored Links
Back