Blocked Programmes

S

Shutpa

Sometimes when I try to connect to the internet, I get the message "Windows cant find any connections". I have discovered that if I go to an icon on the bottom task bar (Blocked programmes), click this, I get a window appearing (Run blocked programmes), click on this and up comes 'Adimon'. When I click on this I am required to enter user name, password etc. After doing all that I can then access the internet without further problem. I cannot understand why I have to do this only now and again. Any ideas as to cause and remedy?

Sponsored Links
Empip, Igorian, Spark123 (in alphabetical order) where are you guys? Please, can I call on you expertise yet again?

Which icon in the taskbar are you clicking? Is it a firewall or something? How do you connect to the internet? Is it via a dialup connection or broadband? If it is broadband, how does this connect, via a network cable through a modem router? (I take it that it isn't a USB modem as you are using Vista?)

Which icon in the taskbar are you clicking? Is it a firewall or something? How do you connect to the internet? Is it via a dialup connection or broadband? If it is broadband, how does this connect, via a network cable through a modem router? (I take it that it isn't a USB modem as you are using Vista?)
Q1 Looks like an envelope with a red circle with a red bar running diagonally through it.
Q2 ?
Q3 Via broadband.
Q4 '' .
Q5 It is via a modem with a USB connection and yes, it is Vista.

Ta for your reply.

Sponsored Links
No idea really.

But there exists a legitimate file, that is not saying yours, if you have it, is legit / safe :-

File Name: · ADIMON.DLL
Company: · Autodesk, Inc.
Description: · Heidi® OLE to ADI Port Monitor
Version(s): · 0.3.0.1760.3.0.1773,0,14,1763,0,14,177

Autodesk Inc are reputable Computer Aided Design peeps ... Are you /anyone at home, using/used their drawing progs .. for school - college- other ?

Have squint ADImon.dll

Beyond that, you describe a situation which I have no experience of, apart from - anyone been 'messing' with settings ?
Using malware removal progs? I have tried a few and mostly, on my machine, they point to some cookies, if there are any, and/or worst of all 'false positives' which, if I allowed the prog to 'clean up' without some research, may well have given me future grief...
:rolleyes:

Hi empip, thanks for your reply. I should have said that there are four users on this computer but the problem only exists on my user account. And no, I never 'tamper' on this computer. Will have a lok at the link you provided and see what I can discover there.

In may been a problem of Dells, or Windows or perhaps even McAfee. I'll keep my posting posted!

Tried the link empip but couldn't get past home page. Nothing would respond to clicking the mouse. Will try again later.

Hi empip, thanks for your reply. I should have said that there are four users on this computer but the problem only exists on my user account. And no, I never 'tamper' on this computer. Will have a lok at the link you provided and see what I can discover there.

In may been a problem of Dells, or Windows or perhaps even McAfee. I'll keep my posting posted!

You may not tamper ! Beware of yoof !!
The link merely supports the fact that 'Autodesk' use the named ADImon.DLL file.

Unfortunately the usual cause of problems among us amateurs stems from - ourselves .. rapid button pressing- seeking simple answers to complex problems, messing, taking paths having closed doors behind us like deleting rather than renaming some files, using the 'big lever' to shut down !
The odd problem machine I have looked at has been laden with cookies, temp files, history and gawd knows what...

So what have you been up to that the other users haven't ?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You may not tamper ! Beware of yoof !!
The link merely supports the fact that 'Autodesk' use the named ADImon.DLL file.

Unfortunately the usual cause of problems among us amateurs stems from - ourselves .. rapid button pressing- seeking simple answers to complex problems, messing, taking paths having closed doors behind us like deleting rather than renaming some files, using the 'big lever' to shut down !
The odd problem machine I have looked at has been laden with cookies, temp files, history and gawd knows what...

So what have you been up to that the other users haven't ?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot.com!!! I have absolutely no problem with what people access on their own computers but this one is squeaky clean.

Sponsored Links
Back