Windows Vista

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I just bought a Sony laptop with Microsoft Office pre-intaled. When I acces to any of the programs it tells me to introduce a 25 characters code explaining that in 60 days I will no longer be able to access. Would it be possible to install microsoft office from my old laptop and ignore the pre-intalled version in my new one or do I have to pay the licence?
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Is it an older version of office on the other laptop? If so you'll probably need the installation disks.
I had a similar thing when I bought a laptop - I have the Home/Student 2007 edition so just put that code in and it worked OK first time.

Thanks, yes it is the old Widows. I do not want to have Vista but I guess I will have to pay unless I find a crack code or something.

Sponsored Links
microsoft office 97, 2000, xp amd 2003 will all install under vista so yes you should be able to do that providing you have the disk and key.

make sure you remove the 2007 trial version first tho.

Thanks a lot for your help. I am tempted to get and older version but in the other hand it would be good to get used to bloody Vista.
Cheers

Back