Winkhaus Entryguard Failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a 2-claw Winkhaus Entryguard system fiited to my front UPVC door which needs replacing, it is 11 years old. The gearbox mechanism appears to have grenaded itself. The the claws / deadlock work ok but the 'wedge shaped' latch will not retract when the handle is turned (took me 3 hours to figure out how to get the door open yesterday.!) Now I am guessing that I am going to have to replace the whole caboodle. I attempted to remove the assembly from the door, but couldn't figure out how to remove the 'Entryguard' knob (no jokes please..!!) fitted on the inside of the door. No screws, no clips, won't pull off, won't twist off, and I cannot remove the broken assembly until the knob is removed.. :!: Your help would be appreciated, how does the knob come off.? (keep it clean now :D )

Thanks,

Terry.

Sponsored Links
If its what I'm thinking of, then its a "latching" mechanism that engages a restraint fitted to the frame - allowing the door to open a fraction, a bit like a door chain would.

Most are secured by the plastic collar that surrounds the knob. Get a screwdriver under it and gently prise it off. Once released, the mechanism should pull out.

Sponsored Links
At the bottom to the back plate there is a small cut-out, placed a small screwdriver in there and gently levered between it and the plastic insert and the turn knob eventually popped out. Thanks a lot HandyHands.

Regards,

Terry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back