Winston1's Errors again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winston_1 rarely makes errors. He believes your professional editor was wrong.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I wish I could say I was 'rarely' wrong. Can many claim to be that?
Maybe angels and/or various divine entities can. Certainly not me! ... and, although I usually do, I can't even claim that I always 'tell the truth'!

Kind Regards, John

Not even when typing an underscore which does not appear in his 'username'?
Me thinks he got his log ins mixed up, seems to me like he is making out he is someone else talking about Winston 1, (He believes)? maybe Big Brother who appears to have joined today.

The Ministry of Truth is the Ministry of propaganda. It is responsible for any necessary falsification of historical events. I decide what "truth" is.
Please leave Winston alone. He is merely carrying out his duties as required as an employee of the Ministry of Truth.
Ah, I think I understand. Are you saying that it is you (who seem to speak for the Ministry of Truth) who instructs Winston as what non-truths and non-truthful falsifications of historical events he is required to propagate and promote?

I am all in favour of clear concise information in a way that all parties involved in the conversation understand. As I've just read others seem to be in agreement. If that means using an incorrect term because one or more parties in the conversation no not understand the correct term, for whatever reason, then so be it.

I've been involved with a good number of CU's in the last year or so, mostly rental changes, and I'd say that 100% of the customers and tenants understood the term 'fuse box' and at least 90% of them did not have a clue what a consumer unit is.

In my experience the following extracts from an email thread are not by any means typical but do go a little way towards describing the understanding of some tenants.

Agent to tenant: ... make an appointment at a suitable time for an electrical safety inspection...will require access to the consumer unit in the hall cupboard...

Tenant to agent: ...all what is in the cuboard is the gas meter and electric meter and fusebox with the tripper switch things...

During the visit we explained the consumer unit was broken and would be replacing it [in this case it it was damaged and the live bussbar was clearly visible] and the reply was something to the effect of "Have I got one of those?"

Please leave Winston alone. He is merely carrying out his duties as required as an employee of the Ministry of Truth.
Timed March 6th 16:49
Welcome back Winston.
Ah well therein lies a massive problem, doesn't one have to tell the truth to work there?
Timed March 6th 16:51

I think I sussed that one a bit quickish like.

big brother [please note I've removed the capitals because big brother, oops sorry I nearly made a silly mistake there, because Winston1 seems to dispute their use] joined on February 9th which just happens to be the same day Winston1 was made to look an absolute stores [please feel free to rearrange stores into any suitable alternative word] and in a sulk he decided to make himself look like a clever person by creating a couple of extra log ins, oh yes I did notice that one too Winston;) to dig himself out of a hole [or maybe several].
The Ministry of Truth is the Ministry of propaganda. It is responsible for any necessary falsification of historical events. I decide what "truth" is.
Well yes we are are fully aware of the "My mate says" crap spouted by that department.
It's all a bit obvious.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back