Wintex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

When I installed my alarm I didn’t have a laptop (just a smart phone and tablet) I’ve now got a new laptop and need to do some changes on my alarm.

If I download wintex how do I connect to my panel? I’ve got the smartcom installed do I just connect to that somehow or do I need to plug a cable in between my laptop and the alarm.

Sorry for being dim.

Sponsored Links
Install Wintex, create a new account with the correct panel type and version, click Connect and then Connect Via Smartcom, it'll ask you for an app code (generate one from the app, or via the keypad - Menu 7 then option 4) and away you go.

Cheers tried this and I keep getting an error message saying please check your network connection and try again

Do you know the ip number and port for the alarm?

Also, have you setup your router to forward that port to the alarm?

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't need to open any ports in the router to connect to the panel via Smartcom. Are you using the latest version of Wintex? I presume the Smartcom is setup and working?

You could try looking at the connected devices in your router, find the IP that has been assigned to the Smartcom via DHCP, then enter this in the "Network Details" section when you create an account in Wintex. The default port is 10001. Then choose "connect via Network" in Wintex.

Texecom connect app == via smart com ports should not need anything doing unless a very strict firewall.

Other Texecom apps == via comip or comwifi(discontinued), port forwarding required.

When you are generate a code on the panel what does it say?
Wintex ensure its latest version, you will need to ensure the panel has the unique id entered into the panel.

When I generate a code it comes up with a code on the panel screen.

The app works fine and I have tried putting the code that I use on that into it to log on but it still doesn’t work :(

Check unique ID in eng utilities, all f’s?

Check Wintex for the code, you can either enter code manually if available or connect via usb to send it across.

Last edited:
If that’s in the panel and Wintex then you should be able to use wintex.

If your still struggling pm me and I will see if we can get it sorted.

Last edited:
Just a issue I have found ... laptop 1 with version 6x wintex , panel a version v4.03 , new smartcom fitted , can’t connect via smart com
Laptop 2 with version 7 wintex ....works fine
Fix ..update wintex .. in smartcom settings in wintex ....server address is cloud ect , in version 7 it’s different ! as if the older version of wintex can’t see or have the new server address , tried inputting the address in manually it still didn’t work

I am pretty much always on latest version so rarely see it, but doesn’t surprise me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back