Wiper motors astra/corsa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an astra 98, the motor has gone on the rear wipers.
Looking to go around some scrappers at the weekend, are any other moters compatible, ie corsa of the same year.

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't be to hard to get an Astra and you'll know it will fit when you pull the old one out.
Just make sure you have power to the motor with a bulb as it may be the rear wiper fuse or a faulty switch/relay.

Cheers Mursal for reply,
I had it in to the garage, they said the rear wiper motor was fusing the wiper circuit, which included windscreen wipers.
So they disconnected rear wiper motor and the fuse did not break, so front wiper are working.
They were going to charge £117 to sort rear wipers out, too much me thought for the luxury of rear wipers, so being a tight git, thought get one from a scrapers and it's plug in fit, so can't be too difficult!

acoording to the vx part catolog
assuming you have a 98-2004 hatchback???
only the early Zafira
If it the up to 98 then only the same model hatch for hatch

Sponsored Links
I have an astra 98, the motor has gone on the rear wipers.
Looking to go around some scrappers at the weekend, are any other moters compatible, ie corsa of the same year.

Strange for the rear wiper motor to fail, as it's hardly used! A cheap fix might be to ask Conny on here to repair it for you, as they a member of a motor rewinding company, maybe she? can rewire it for you? Drop her a Pm?

Strange for the rear wiper motor to fail, as it's hardly used! A cheap fix might be to ask Conny on here to repair it for you, as they a member of a motor rewinding company, maybe she? can rewire it for you? Drop her a Pm?

I think the wiper went, because I left it in the "on" position over night, we had had some heavy snow fall the previous evening and when I started the car up next morning, overloaded the motor as it has never worked since.
But this was sometime ago and was not a concern, as I could manage without back wipers, but recently a fault occurred on the whole circuit. This effected the windscreen wipers and was shorting the circuit. This was traced back to the rear wiper motor, so disconnected rear wiper motor and the short was no longer on the circuit.
PS she's a he :eek: but sounds a good idea!

Whether, he or she you wont get it rewound for the price of a secondhand unit from a good local breakers yard. They will "paint" it for you giving you time to try and see if its ok. If not just leave it back, not a bad service?
Your fault is probably in the auto park mechanism in the motor gearbox not in the windings of the motor itself.

Back