wiper repair-did I pay the right price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My front wipers stopped working yesterday, so I took it to the local garage. Fortunately there wasn't any major problem with it, it wasn't the wiper motor neither the fuse. They only removed the wiper linkage and unseized the pivots, that's all what they had to do with it, it works fine now, but for all this I paid £54 inc. VAT. Does anybody know if I paid the right price for it? I think it's too much for the labour that they carried out.

Regards

Sponsored Links
It depends how much time it took them to do it. From that price I would assume about 3/4 to an hour.

I would say thats a good deal, because if the pivots were cleaned and greased they won't give trouble again......probably saved you the eventual cost of a new wiper motor at the end of the day.
John :)

when you consider that the man had to first diagnose the fault, which could have been a number of things and spend time to put it right and pay wages, i think it was about what i would have expected. but if you had discussed the fault on this forum and taken the time to do what is a very simple job yourself, you would have saved a weeks worth of fuel!

Sponsored Links
chris rushton";p="2091990 said:
when you consider that the man had to first diagnose the fault, which could have been a number of things and spend time to put it right and pay wages, i think it was about what i would have expected. but if you had discussed the fault on this forum and taken the time to do what is a very simple job yourself, you would have saved a weeks worth of fuel![/every day is a good day untill some smart arse cocks it up

VW by any chance?

The price you paid seems fair for a strip, clean & lube, I have freed off my own wipers on my MK4 Golf and it took some elbow grease to free off the spindles!!

£54 inc VAT, is a cheap price, you couldn't drive the car if it rained.

Or you could of called out the AA/RAC and they might have fixed it for free, that's if your with them

Andy

That seems a fair price, diagnosing the fault and rectifying problem must count for something.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back