Wired alarm replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I currently have a wired alarm system that I want to replace with a hybrid system. The current system is not user friendly and there are no window contacts. My main aim is to have a secure system which I can control via an app. I received the following quote from an engineer for a Texecom system. Does this seem reasonable? (Below is a copy and paste of his quote). The front and back bell boxes are live and not dummies.

IP Hybrid 24 zone panel
Cat5e wiring to Router OR WIFI
Smart Comm for App
Wireless Expander 8 Zone
3 Flush door contacts
5 QD PIR's
10 Wireless Shocks
ADSL Socket for Dialler
Speach Dialler to 8 numbers
Bellbox Front
Bellbox Rear

To carry out following installation with parts, materials and IP configuration. £1878

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes
Are they live bellboxes front and rear or is rear a dummy ?
Get other quotes to compare if not happy.
Did he explain how the app works as this is a relatively new app and still has teething problems .

sorry this doesn't add up?

if its a 24 wireless, then no need for wireless expander?
but you would have to use zones off the keypad unless your sharing as the built in wireless panels only have 4 hard wired zones, I see 8 hardwired devices? and 10 wireless ones minimum, assuming bell box's are not wireless.

if its a 64W, then an 8XP(hardwired expander) would make more sense

10 wireless devices on an 8zone expander

Have you written the details of the quote down?

sorry this doesn't add up?

if its a 24 wireless, then no need for wireless expander?
but you would have to use zones off the keypad unless your sharing as the built in wireless panels only have 4 hard wired zones, I see 8 hardwired devices? and 10 wireless ones minimum, assuming bell box's are not wireless.

if its a 64W, then an 8XP(hardwired expander) would make more sense

10 wireless devices on an 8zone expander

Have you written the details of the quote down?

Hi, I copied and pasted from his text. The whole quote is there.

Sponsored Links
Yes
Are they live bellboxes front and rear or is rear a dummy ?
Get other quotes to compare if not happy.
Did he explain how the app works as this is a relatively new app and still has teething problems .
Hi, both bell boxes are live. The front one is already wired in for the existing system but currently there is no rear bell box.
He did say that the app was new and that it was fairly good.

hmmm, it doesn't add up.

I can tell you now without any doubt the quotation does not add up. Your missing a keypad?.

New micro shocks are due out very shortly and will be more pleasing to the eye, than the old impaq plus-w and I believe they may be cheaper too.

Elite 24 takes 8 hard wired zones on board
Elite 24W takes 4 hard wired zones on board and 16 wireless devices (excludes smart keys)
Elite 48 takes 8 hard wired zones on board
Elite 48W takes 4 hard wired zones on board and 32 wireless devices (excludes smart keys)

Elite 64-W is now supposed to be the entry level wireless panel.
Elite 64W takes 4 hard wired zones on board and 32 wireless devices (excludes smart keys),can have additional hard wired or wireless expanders added.

8XP (hard wired 8 hard wired zones)
8XP-W (hard wired 8 wireless devices)
32XP-W (32 wireless devices, subject to panel, ie Elite 24 max available would be 16)

you have 10 wireless devices at least from the quotation and a expander that takes 8 wireless devices.
and 8 hard wired devices (?)

so either the quotation is written down wrong, which should be queried. personally a 64W, with an 8XP would be my preferred option, as the system is an ugrade of an exisiting wired system, I would probably get kit 86 as cheap way of panel plus keypad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back