Wired CCTV through Granite house- solid roof loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

I have posted a question about routing CCTV cables through my thick granite walled house/solid roofed loft in the CCTV forum but think it may be better here

-----------------
I am looking to install a wired CCTV kit but am struggling with how to route the cables due to the build of our house.

The external walls are granite and almost 2' thick so drilling a 30mm + hose would be a pita.
I though of routing the wires through the loft out a vent but having been up there I cannot seem to find access to either the front or back vent, have pulled up the flooring and insulation where I see the for the outside of the building.

Any thought or advise would be welcome

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/wired-cctv-in-through-granite-house.477241/#ixzz4Yj0QSI5h

Sponsored Links
The only thing I can think of. Is if you have a chimney you don't use anymore? Sneak it in from the top. And bring it into your loft? Then you can distribute it to a room from there..

Thanks for the rely Sammy.. way out of my league getting up on the roof

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back