Wireing a light for the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

iam going to put a light up in the loft on a permanant live. So i dont have to have the landing light on when iam up in the loft. At the moment i have it linked up to the landing rose with a pull switch in the loft. But you have to have the landing light on for the loft light to work. There is no permanent live in the light rose it is looped at the switch. Is it possable to bring a wire from the com on the landing light switch and feed it up the conduit

Sponsored Links
Yes. If there is just one cable in the conduit already, it is possible to pull up a single cable alongside. It might not go on its own, so you may need a nylon draw wire and some lubricant.

Another way would be to tie a new 3-core-and-earth cable to the existing twin-and-earth cable, then pull this existing cable out of the conduit with the new cable being pulled through in its place. Then you will have an extra core which you wire into the LOOP terminal in your ceiling rose.

Thats great thanks for the help i can know get on with the job tomorrow. sparkyspike another thing i wanted to ask how do i go about running a cable out to my shead so i can have a light with a permanent live and maybe a double socket.

Sponsored Links
Back