1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Wireless alarms

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by markc73, 2 May 2016.

1. markc73

markc73

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello all, I'm looking at installing a wireless alarm, I know a wired version is better but its just not convenient for me to start lifting carpets and floorboards hence the wireless choice.

I'm not looking to install a cheap system, I just want a good one.

The three I have read most about are as follows:

Mi Guard GSM G5
    Scantronic I-ON 16
    Pyronix Enforcer

I have 3 zones downstairs (hall, living/dining & kitchen) plus landing.

Hall comprises front door, stairs and internal door to living room. Plus small window 55" x 24" top opening.
    Living room comprises 2 internal doors (hall & kitchen), large french doors to rear and large front window 55" x 92" top opening and two side openings
    Kitchen comprises internal door (living room), rear door and 2 windows 47"x40 & 47" x 45" Both windows have top opening.
    All windows and external doors are upvc.
    Landing 4 internal doors to bedrooms & bathroom plus one window - no opening.

I also have a large mews (aviary) that I would like to add a PIR to one section (has two areas that are separate).

Out of the 3 I looked at which would be most suited, or is there a better option (except wired!!!!).

Thanks in advance,
    Mark

2. Sponsored Links
  3. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Enforcer for me .... Other brands available !

4. musszzy

musszzy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I second that and just as good as wired with many advantages.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local