wireless/ cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just a fairly quick one,
Currently running a laptop on a wireless connection with orange as service provider.
After 6pm i have to switch wireless off as it interferes with the wireless baby monitor.
What should i do in order to revert back to a cable broadband connection, had one many moons ago but my mind can't revert to how it was.
I know i can disable the wireless on the router but dont want to mess with it as the laptop will be in the conservatory.
Is it a case of buying a speedtouch router and plugging into the wall socket and connecting up when wireless goes off.. if so how do i create a new dial up account............ :confused:

Sponsored Links
you dont need a new account, you use the same info that your router does.

and yes you can do as you suggest, if you can still get aspeed touch modem (i have 2) but naebothernoo idea is easier. i have a wireless router, i never put the aerial on, since i used its cable connection facility

Have tried to connect to the router but the wireless connection keeps dialing up and causing interference...
Do i need it switched on at the wall socket has just sprung to mind ?

Sponsored Links
Im confused!

Please can you explain again your setup, what you WANT to happen and what IS happening

eggplant said:
Im confused!

Please can you explain again your setup, what you WANT to happen and what IS happening

I didn't like to ask. :LOL:

Back