Wireless doorbells

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, a bit of help please. A few years ago I purchased 5 1byone wireless doorbells 3 for ourselfs and 2 for a neighbour. I set them up all worked fine. But now they have all stopped working due to batteries. I have replaced all the Transmitter batteries and I have been trying to reset them all, I have cleared all the memories but I can only get one to work again, "more luck than judgment I think", I am now at my wits end. I have been trying for 2 days and they are just short of going to the tip. Any idea's PLEASE. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Not familiar with that model but with mine you plug in receiver and press door bell within 30 secs to connect , bell rings to confirm connection.

All the wireless bells I have seen have a set of jumpers on the bell unit and the bell push to set the communication frequency. Are all these set correctly?

All the wireless bells I have seen have a set of jumpers on the bell unit and the bell push to set the communication frequency. Are all these set correctly?
I don't think they've been like that for a long time.

Sponsored Links
Have you still got the instructions giving the set-up proceedure to use as a guide?
I always forget these things.

Here are the instructions....

Attachments

• IMG-20200512-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200512-WA0000.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG-20200512-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200512-WA0001.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 195
Hi all, a bit of help please. A few years ago I purchased 5 1byone wireless doorbells 3 for ourselfs and 2 for a neighbour. I set them up all worked fine. But now they have all stopped working due to batteries. I have replaced all the Transmitter batteries and I have been trying to reset them all, I have cleared all the memories but I can only get one to work again, "more luck than judgment I think", I am now at my wits end. I have been trying for 2 days and they are just short of going to the tip. Any idea's PLEASE. Thank you.
Follow instructions.

I have spent days golng through the instructions, and today one of my son's came round and spent an hour trying, nothing. But we are both of the opinion that the button and the bells are not pairing up.

If you have followed the instructions and tried pairing a,b,c,d and it still wont work it is knackered, chuck it and buy a new one.

Cheers I was going to say that myself, I dont like to be beaten, but I think enough is enough.

If you're going to buy a replacement and you don't want to ever bother with batteries again(!), try this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01I527732?ref_=pe_3187911_264767211_E_301_dt_1

I bought one of these in July 2018 and it's still working perfectly.
The transmitter (door button) doesn't need a cell as it comprises a strong magnet and an adjacent coil. When the button is pressed it generates a current which powers the transmitter and it surprisingly powerful. Our two receivers (each plugged into a mains socket) are in two rooms, one of which is at least 15 feet from the transmitter and picks up the signal through three brick walls.

I also posted a review which might give you some more information:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2CGQVDBK4J15X/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

There seems to be some confusion on Amazon as to which doorbell I refer to. This is the one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Self-Gener...9KWR8Z42K0H&psc=1&refRID=JTJ0491D89KWR8Z42K0H

My review in my last post seems to link to a video doorbell, which isn't the one I bought. The one I bought is the one in the above link, which does not have a video camera and does not require batteries in either sender or receiver.

To be honest, I only use one sound (a simple 'ding-dong') which is perfectly loud throughout the house, and that is the purpose of the thing anyway. I did play about with the various musical sounds initially, but I think they're just a gimmick!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back