Wireless operated timed TRV Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have been thinking about installing a system where the TRV's on radiators can be replaced by wirelessly operated valves from a remote control panel, so that radiators in rooms that aren't used frequently can be controlled in operation more precisely. I believe Honeywell are introducing something soon. My question is though, if some radiators are turned off, what is the method of operation inside a combi boiler (we have a Baxi 105E), that reduces the amount of gas used to maintain temperature in the open radiators? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
In a nutshell.

First the boiler will modulate down based on the return temperature (IE, reduce the flame). If the return temperature rises too far the boiler will cut the gas entirely until the water cools a bit.

The fewer radiators are open, the faster the return temperature will rise and the less gas will be used.

I can't advise about wireless TRV's though, no experience there.

Sponsored Links
The Honeywell "Evohome" system looks like the sort of thing I have been thinking about for years..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back