Wireless outdoor CCTV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me of a cheap outdoor wireless cctv camera that as a app that will work with my phone . Looking for one that will pick up people coming in the garden that l could look up on a app the detected movement but l would also like to be able to look back on recordings outside the front gate pathway as l have person with a dog fouling regular and would like to get the culprit on playback.
Is there any wireless cctv that can do this so l can look back on daily activity’s in and around my premises.

Sponsored Links
I have had some success with eufy security cameras.
They are wireless, and battery powered.. however being battery powered they do not do continuous recording and rely on PIR motion detection before recording a clip will start, so placement and detection range is important - maybe not ideal if the subject is more than a few meters from the camera or "off center"

Sponsored Links
Not sure any of these mentioned will pick detect daily motion so l can look back on recordings.. From where l want to put the camera under the gutter/ corner of the house to outside gate/ public path the distance is about 15 metres .

take a look at the ones on MyMomory https://www.mymemory.co.uk/smart-home/home-security-cameras.html I bought a Clever Dog one a few years back, cheap and do what you want. BUT. I was a little concerned that the App you install on your phone might be a trojan horse, so stopped using it (I had no proof, it was just a hunch why I was answering the question "Why is this camera so cheap?")

However, if you use a tablet or old phone which you set up a shadow account, then there's nothing to loose. Technically, the thing was fine - another option is to use it with just a webbrowser but this might have limited functionality (and you need to get techy with it finding out what port it responds to). What was good, is the built in SD Card

Be warned - if you're doing surveillance on public land the rules are clear that you cannot just go entrapping people. Private land is different. And I mean where the cameras view not where they are placed.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back