Wireless Programmable Thermostats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In an attempt to make my current heating system more efficient (combi boiler with just temperature control on the unit) I would like to install a wireless setback thermostat control system.

I need it to be a digital timed thermostat which incorporates a 7 day programmer for heating the house at lower levels during unoccupied periods and during the night, then increase the temperature for when I'm home.
I'd essentially like as much control as possible over the boiler to be as efficient as possible. I don't want to pay silly money for it though - £50 to 70 would be ideal.

Couple of questions:

1. Can anyone recommend any particular product to suit, from experience of using them?

2. The boiler I have is an IconT combi boiler, so it's not one of your common mainstream units. Are the wireless thermostats a universal fit, or does the boiler have to have an input for a thermostat control?

Thanks in advance, guys
Chris.

Sponsored Links
Ok, had a good look around and found a couple I'm interested in.

I've had a look at the Salus RT500RF, namely because of its relatively low price tag and it seems to do most things that I need. However, I noticed that some do not actually switch the boiler on and off like a regular mecho-timeclock would - you can only set a range of temperatures throughout the day.

I guess you could turn the temperature right down, but surely this means you would be wasting energy powering the circulation pump, as the boiler would still essentially be on, just not firing?

Is this something inherent in cheaper models, or just something I should look out for?

The Honeywell CMT927 seems good but you certainly pay for it.

Cheers,
Chris.

Sponsored Links
Ok, had

The Honeywell CMT927 seems good but you certainly pay for it.

Cheers,
Chris.

Fantastic thermostat .I fit them all of the time and they are worth every penny.

Heating controls online do them delivered for just under £100.
-
Treat yourself.

I always fit the Siemens REV23RF, Excellent product and looks the part as well. Unbeatable price available HERE

Wow, that is cheap considering it's price elsewhere. Didn't spot that one.

I think I may stretch my original budget and go for one of those.

Cheers for that :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back