Wireless Receiver / Valve motor - surge protection ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Honeywell motorised 2-port valve the sync. motor in which failed recently and almost simultaneously the Salus wireless receiver failed too. The receiver has two led's: one for mains power and one for call for heat. When it failed, neither led continued to light up.
Given that the wiring is such that the wireless receiver uses a relay to switch on the motor I'm kind of assuming that the motor failing has caused some surge back into the receiver and blown it's circuitary. I've since replaced both components and it's all up and running again however I just wondered whether anyone would think it would be worth while putting some form of surge protection between the receiver and the actuator motor to prevent this from happening in future. If so what form would be best - a simple in-line fuse maybe ?

TIA

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back