Wireless Stat for Baxi Bermuda?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have been searching these forums and the internet for a while, but I am still struggling to find the information I am looking for!

I am looking into the possibility of having new rads installed on my central heating system complete with TRVs at some point in the future. What I would like to have installed before hand though is a wireless stat for the system.

At the moment, the boiler is a Baxi Bermuda "back boiler" and our timer is a Danfoss Randall 102E5. Are we able to replace the timer or have an addition to it that is a wireless thermostat? I have been looking at lots of wireless stats on the internet and I am finding it difficult to figure out if they would work with our system or not, as we need to be able to control water only and water/heating. A lot of the stats (in the instruction books) seem to be only for combi boilers as there doesn't seem to be a way of doing the water only.

I did find the VRT 360f or the Honeywell CM927, are these compatible? I've also read of having a wireless stat and the existing timer as well.

A little advise would be appreciated as I seem to be a little lost at the moment! If you need any more information, please let me know!

Thank you. :)

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can pick and mix a wireless with what you have.

Thanks DP.

In that case then, doesn't it matter which wireless stat I use?

Also, is the wireless stat 'base' wired in line with the current timer I have?

So it goes something like:

Boiler - Timer - Wireless stat base?

And that the wireless stat base is wired into the points that control just the boiler and heating pump, not the water?

Would it be possible to just have a wireless stat that does both heating and water and do anyway with the timer we currently have?

Depends on what the control configuration is at the moment. If HW switches on when you ask for CH, then new programmer will need to activate the HW zone too. If the HW stays off, then does not matter.

You can get Danfoss TP5000 that will cater for two, even three zones.

Sponsored Links
Hi DP,

Thanks again for the reply.

At the moment, when the central heating is on, the water heats up too. So, for example, if we have it so it is set to Heating/Water, it heats both. If we have it on water only, just the water heats (except for 2 radiators upstairs!)

So, for example, if I purchased something like the Danfoss TP5000Si-RF it would replace the Randall 102E5. And the Central Heating/Water and Water Only would be 2 separate zones.

The simplest way to do it is not to replace the time but the roomstat.
Provided you have a fully pumped system, that makes it fully independent programmable.

TP5000 will need to be wired such that when it calls for heat, it also activates HW channel on the Randal. When task completed following is what you should be able to do.

Randal runs to heat hot water only. CH section on it will be disabled and not play any part in heating the radiators.Radiators upstairs should not heat up when heating water. Suspect this could be a plumbing issue.

TP5000 will run the pump and activate HW on Randal timer to run the boiler

There is a physical link within the Randal that activates HW when CH is active. Once TP5000 fitted, this link needs to be maintained.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

bengasman - We don't currently have any room thermostat, that's why I was interesting in adding one onto the system and a wireless one seemed a good way to go. Also, I'm not sure we have a fully pumped system(?) I think it's gravity fed.

DP - I think I understand that. Basically it needs to be wired in such a way that when the TP5000 calls for CH, it also activates the Randall to run the water part of the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back