Wireless Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first post so please go easy on me

I have an Glow Worm Easicom 28 and I would like to fit a 24 hour wireless thermostat

The missus has mobility problems and the boiler is upstairs so I want to fit a simple wireless way of turning the heating on and off when needed

I want a 'budget' wireless thermostat like this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SALUS...853767?hash=item1eac8bacc7:g:kUYAAOSwP~tW2nBj

But I'm not sure if this one is suitable or if you can recommend a different one in the cheap but does the job range

Here is a link to my current boiler
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/glow-worm/easicom-instn-serv-157152.pdf

Thanks in advance

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Perhaps a RF programmable room thermostat maybe better mate? The one you linked to is only a thermostat.

The Salus RT 500RF is the one you want, sorry if I've got that arze for elbow.
I can't advocate DIYers removing a casing from a gas boiler & I don't know how competent you are with electrics??!!!

It's page 19 you'll need.......(y)

Thanks for your reply and advice

I'm fairly competent with electrics, up to the level of changing electrical fittings, but I totally understand your safety advice

I am a little concerned about the warning about applying 240 volts to the switch.

The way I see it is wire the 240V supply to the receiver and then wire the switching circuit to block 17 after removing the bridging wire

I hope that the switching circuit being volt free will not shove 240V to the 24V switching circuit??!

Thanks for your reply and advice

I'm fairly competent with electrics, up to the level of changing electrical fittings, but I totally understand your safety advice

I am a little concerned about the warning about applying 240 volts to the switch.

The way I see it is wire the 240V supply to the receiver and then wire the switching circuit to block 17 after removing the bridging wire

I hope that the switching circuit being volt free will not shove 240V to the 24V switching circuit??!

(y)
Looks like you've it sussed mate.
I'd just use a short piece of 4 core flex & site the receiver near the boiler.
I'll get stick for having the two voltages running in the same cable, but I've wired 100s like that without a problem.

Sponsored Links
Suggest a five wire cable. Two for supply, two for low voltage and one protective earth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back