Hive thermostat fitting to Vaillant Ecotec 837

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Ive just brought the Hive wireless thermostat to replace the salus rt300 thermostat and was hoping it be a straight forward swap over. The wiring set up is different so I wanted to ask if any one knows what wire is going where on the new set up, Ive included photos, any help appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180903_133538.jpg
    IMG_20180903_133538.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 388
  • Hive.jpg
    Hive.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 313
Sponsored Links
Hi Billy & welcome to the forum

I don't really understand why are asking this question, you have given the information you are asking for in the photos. You swap the wires over like for like, so that:

The wires in the Salus L terminal go to Hive L terminal
The wires in the Salus N terminal go to Hive N terminal
The wire in the Salus NO terminal goes to the Hive NO terminal (3)
The wire in the Salus COM terminal goes to the Hive COMMON terminal (1)

Hi Stem much appreciated, I was thrown off because seeing 2 Neutral and 2 live making in total 6 wires when normally its a total of 4 wires. But to read what you have said its now so obvious lol sorry I had a thick moment! So just to clarify The grey goes into (no)3 .... The black goes into 1 (Com) ... both the brown 2 live go into live and both the blue neutral go into N terminal? :)

Attachments

• Hive.jpg
    Hive.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20180903_133538.jpg
    IMG_20180903_133538.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 169
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back