Wiring 2 Texecom Quad Pirs to one zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have 1 free zone on the Premier 48 panel, but I need 2 Pirs fitting in my garage to this spare zone. Is this possible, and could you provide me with an idiot proof guide as to what to do.

Thanks

Craig Lawrance

Sponsored Links
You do realise this is not ideal. As you will not know which one tripped.
Is it wired EOL or DP?

Yes it is possible, just need the above info.
And a DT is better than a PIR in a garage.

None of the new pirs are wired yet. I know it is not ideal but I am protecting 2 doors in one room so which one trips is not a problem really. I am more concerned about preventing the garage being broken into.
All the other pirs on the alarm system are individual, but I do not have 2 spare zones, only one, hence my issue.
I do need to know how to wire the pirs up together if possible. I thought it may be the same as a ring main: 6core alarm wire from premier 48 to pir1, 6core from pir 1 to pir 2, 6core pir 2 back to original connections in premier 48 box, but I am not certain.

Thanks
Craig

Sponsored Links
I am not an electrician, so I am confused what is meant by eol or dp. I can connect all the wires how I need to, with instructions. All the other pirs in the alarm system are connected individually, 6 core premier to pir, and no resistors or anything are fitted
Thanks

No resistors, now you have answered the question.
So it is DP.

Easy, ready?

One cable from panel, to first pir. connect as normal.
Then, take another cable from the first to the 2nd, and wire the same.

Now go back to the first and put the power pair into the same as the first terminals, this is called parallel.
At the first take out one leg of the alarm pair and put in the one from the second, then connect the spares together, insulate and put behind pcb.
Do the same with the tampers, this is called series.

This way you use one cable from the panel to the first and another from first to second.
You could run two, but you would still parallel the power and series the detection/Tampers.

Its all in the book actually. The one that comes with the panel.

Thanks very much, I appreciate the help. I will get on with it now.

Just as a query, what do you mean by a dt for a garage

Craig

Dual Tech, two detection methods. Less prone to false alarms.

PIRS will work, some tips.
Dont point at windows, seal the cable entries tight with silicone or blu tac, sounds silly but stops spiders inhabiting a nice warm environment.

A pir detects better when walked across, not at.
Once a week inspect for webs and clean off, spray with insecticide as you wipe.

If there were (OP has said one left, so I "guess" contact and pir on that), is it near the garage?
What is the cable to the RKP? I agree a 8 core could have been used and a spare pair utilised.

A new keypad, could be fitted and then the zones used and the garage independently used is clearly another option.

We can only go on what is asked, make the odd guess after all.
But a good contribution all the same.

Most people forget or dont know that there are two zones on the rkps and if lucky 8 core or 6 has been run to the keypad, giving that extra zone or zones..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back