Wiring a cooker

Your best bet is to contact belling via their website to ascertain the correct fuse/mcb. Or better still ring their support department on 0844 81 53 746 to determine their recommended fuse rating and cable sizing.

I have looked at their website brochure and the 90e (classic range cooker) has a requirement for 45A fuse/mcb which pushes the 6mm cable close to the limit (if clipped direct).

Sponsored Links
10A + 30% of the full load current + 5A if a socket outlet is incorporated in the cooker switch.

10A + 30% of full load as per Table 1B in the OSG?

Or 10A + 30% of the remainder as per Table 1A?

34A including a socket, or 31A?

Either would be fine with a 6mm t&e cable and a 40A protective device (not BS 3036) as long as the installation method would allow the cable to carry 40A.

40A is too big for 6mm². Anyone care to say why?

it's not the 40A specifically, it's the 40A BS3036 that was in question..

a 40A BS3036 fuse needs cable rated at 40/0.725 = 55A cable.. 6mm² is 47A at best..

the bigest BS3036 fuse that 6mm² T+E can support is 47 x 0.725 = 34A..

Sponsored Links
I was referring to the OP's installation method reducing CCC of 6mm² to 38A.

I know you were.. I was replying specifically to your earlier question, hence why I quoted it..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back