wiring a dol

Sponsored Links
N feed to 1L1
Link 2T1 to 3L2
L feed to 5L3
N load to 4T2
L load to 6T3
Connect the two floating black conductors together.

thank you very very much. All comments greatly appreciated chaps, ill return the compliment if youre ever in teh gardening section ;)

sorry is that a typo on the l feed, shouldnt it be 5L3 and not 3L3?

sorry is that a typo on the l feed, shouldnt it be 5L3 and not 3L3?

would need to be 5L3

not sure about the blacks as can not see where they connect and if there are others also.
Is there a drawing inside the cover of the unit

Sponsored Links
I think i can see the neutral link now.
If so it goes from 1L1 to the coil (possibly terminal A2)
The reason N feed needs to go in 1L1.

The two blacks look like the wires to the seperate over load unit which would go in series with the control.
As you do not have one, join together as gary said or replace with one wire.

so all as per garys instructions re what goes where then

N feed to 1L1
Link 2T1 to 3L2
L feed to 5L3
N load to 4T2
L load to 6T3
Connect the two floating black conductors together.

It looks to me that the moter has thermal protection built in but to comply, any motor over 370W should have electrical overload protection too. It will fix to the load side of the contactor [DOL starter] and the wiring for 2T1, 4T2, 6T3 will be on the corresponding connexions of the overload instead of the contactor. The 2 black wires will then go one each to the NC terminals of the overload instead of being joined.

I will strongly recommend that you fit the overload.

If you are not intending to fit a thermal overload there is no point in the link in the above, it will probably be easier to understand too.
N feed to 1L1
Link deleted
L feed to 5L3
N load to 2T1
L load to 6T3

Ideally there should also be an emergency stop button, It will be wired in series with the red button, ie in between the 2 floating black wires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back