wiring a floodlight

appriciated but I did ask in what ways is it bad, I know your the experts but you could at least tell me why I shouldn't use what I have bought rather then simply give me short shrift or else how can I learn. I already have the wire and plug now so im probally going to go ahead and electrocute myself :!:

Sponsored Links
dave151 said:
at least tell me why I shouldn't use what I have bought rather then simply give me short shrift

I refuse to have any accusation of "short shrift" levied at anyone in here!

The shortest reply was:

breezer said:
take it back and get one without a PIR

which was still fairly comprehensive!

dave151 said:
or else how can I learn.

Be prepared to listen or buy a book that won't mind if you wanna argue

dave151 said:
I already have the wire and plug now so im probally going to go ahead and electrocute myself :!:

Is this a threat? Do I look like the samaritans?

Playing nicely, here's a brief guide to lighting, info that it has taken people years to accumulate, you shall have in 13 seconds:

1. Flood Lighting = flooding a large area, almost always outdoors, with light, eg 150 floodlight

1a. Security Flood Lighting = movement sensitive to deter entry into

2. Task Lighting = Task specific, to illuminate a task.

3. Amenity Lighting = Lighting that covers a general area and the amenities within it.

You have option one, with a movement sensor that comprises probably 50% of the value of the fitting if not more, that you want to disable.

You need a combination of options two and three, preferably independently switched, and suitably rated.

Failing this, stop asking in here what to do if you have already made your mind up/purchased goods etc. I'm not here to annoy, just help. Read the topic over and see what you think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back