wiring a new washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i want some advice i have a fcu put above the worktop with a single unswitched socket underneath worktop so with the 13amp fuse in the
fcu and the 13amp fuse in the plug on the washer will there be any conflict or does it just mean it is safer hope someone can answer me thanks please help am on line now

Sponsored Links
In the event of a fault, either or both of the fuse links could opperate, not really a problem, its fine :)

insted of the unswitched socket would i be better off putting a flex outlet
face plate then take plug off washer run flex upto fused connection unit
is this safer :?:

Sponsored Links
No it's not safer, because there is absolutely nothing dangerous about having two fuses in series. Or safer.

On the basis of your own experience of how often fuses blow, decide how inconvenient it would be to have to check both of them.

Is this washing machine in a kitchen?

washing machine about 4 years old so out of warrantey so is this the best way 2 do it thanks

washing machine about 4 years old so out of warrantey so is this the best way 2 do it thanks

Just do it how you were going to do it. It's perfect that way.

It's a pain in the arse hardwiring a W/M under a unit, for no reason at all.

thanks andy 4 taking time 2 answer this all the work is being checked by my electricia so if i do make any mistakes i will get a good telling off yes and an even bigger bill 2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back