Wiring a timer fan on a non timer circuit

Sponsored Links
Rocky was concerned about the touch safety of the bare wire link you placed between L & SL, I was only commenting that it was likely to be directly connected to the exposed wire of the resistor and therefore no more of a hazzard than as manufactured.

In my experience most [but not all] of this sort of fan mains powered unit uses a 230V motor and as Rocky says there is usually no circuit board in a basic fan, just a connector block and chances are doing away with the board is all you need to do.

I will however caution that one unit I've encountered had a 24V ac motor which seems to work properly when wired directly to the mains but of course didn't work for very long.

Thstnks for clarifying.
When plugged in as per my picture the potential across that resistor is around 120v but i wasmt sure if that was for the timer circuit. I could probably open the motor casing to see if theres any voltage marks to clarify its design.

There ya go

Attachments

• 20201115_103347.jpg
    20201115_103347.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 69
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back