Wiring boiler in control centre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has only a live. Natural, and earth. How does it conect to the system without a SW.l feed

Sponsored Links
What boiler is it? Are you sure it’s live neutral and earth?

Boiler is 10+ years old no name on it as I can find was in when we moved into it in 9 years ago and definitely only 3 wires in flex

Is it a combi boiler? - these only require a live neutral and earth. What is it you’re trying to achieve?

Sponsored Links
Blood and stone spring to mind. What are you wanting to do? Can you post a photo of said boiler?

If they are the only wires to the boiler, then the Live will be a Switched Live, won't it?
Otherwise it would be on all the time.

upload_2019-11-27_14-24-52.png

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
This is my control centre this is why I was asking. Had issues since it was put in. Was looking at getting rid of links lnt and using it as a 10 way block

Attachments

• IMG_20191127_143151.jpg
    IMG_20191127_143151.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 122
It's a Glow Worm Space Saver MK1 from the 1970's to 1980's. It only needs a switched live, neutral and earth, as per the diagram posted by @EFLImpudence

It has a permanent pilot light, so no electronic ignition. No pump overrun either.

no name on it as I can find

What does it say here?

IMG_20191126_223158.jpg

Last edited:
yup, indeed but there is a school of thought that suggests that it won't be very efficient ... :whistle: lucky if it's > 70%

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back