wiring confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a friend who is wiring a dishwasher into an electrical point on the wall. He insists the blue is live and the brown is neutral. He says the dishwasher is running. Unless he is winding me up what will be the cosequences or will it trip the circuit

Sponsored Links
It will work - that's the nature of AC.

If the fuse blows because of a fault, the insides of the machine (or possibly the casing) will still be live.

If he switches the machine off, it's possible everything inside will still be live.

He has created a danger and broken the law - he's an ignorant idiot who should not be allowed to go anywhere near electrical work. You can tell him I said so.

If the fuse blows because of a fault, the insides of the machine (or possibly the casing) will still be live.

If he switches the machine off, it's possible everything inside will still be live.

He has created a danger and broken the law - he's an ignorant idiot who should not be allowed to go anywhere near electrical work. You can tell him I said so.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back