wiring diagram for heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a system boiler connected to only a central heating system no hot water required, i need to put a 2 port valve in to split the zones up so i was wondering if someone could shed light on the following:
-how to wire
-the zonal valve
-how many room stats required
-what sort of programmer required
thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
as per energy eff is total floor space over 150m2 it must be split
If you have an existing system, you are not required to split it. But if it is a new system or you have replaced (or are replacing the boiler) then you do have to comply with the 150m² rule.

Sponsored Links
I would use 2 programmable room stats, as you dont need hot water control this would simplify things. Better still I would use wireless ones therefore the receivers, can be connected next to their specific zone valves. You will also need 2 zone valves.

In brief here is what is required:

Live, Neutral, Earth to both stats.

Link Live and Common on both stats.

Connect Calling on each stat to the white wire on their specific zone valve.

On each zone valve connect Grey to permanent live, Blue to Neutral and Green/Yellow to Earth, connect each Orange to the switch live on the boiler.

Job done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back