Wiring diagram

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.i have a baxi boiler and looking for a wiring diagram from boiler to drayton timeswitch LP111 to draton combistat 24028
T.i.a

Sponsored Links
You won't find one.

The controller is the master of the system. Download a copy of the manual which will have a wiring diagram in it. Substitute your boiler and stat in the diagram where noted.

The wiring can vary based on whether your boiler requires 230V, or voltage free switching. This will depend on the boiler / method of installation chosen.

For 230V control ONLY then:

a.JPG

The Drayton is wired such that LP111 terminal 3 (on) connects to the live of the Combi Stat (L) and the Combi Stat (3) provides the 'switched live' to the boiler. [which is shown as "LOAD" in the Combi Stat diagram]

LP111 terminal (L) and (1) are linked together [Shown as dotted line in the LP111 diagram]

N & L at the Drayton and N and the Combi Stat are connected to the same 230V supply [ie via the same 3A fused connection unit] as the boiler. Note that most boilers also require a 'permanent live' as well as the switched live from the thermostat.

If you need to use voltage free control, under no circumstances follow these instructions the wiring is different. If that is the case post back and someone will be able to advise further.

Sponsored Links
Sorry that doesn't mean anything to me :confused:...... I haven't seen every Baxi model ever made so as to know what possible variations there are.

Hi all.i have a baxi boiler and looking for a wiring diagram from boiler to drayton timeswitch LP111 to draton combistat 24028
T.i.a
Baxi have made quite a few boilers over the last 60 years. Could you be a bit more specific?

Sorry that doesn't mean anything to me :confused:...... I haven't seen every Baxi model ever made so as to know what possible variations there are.
It was meant for the OP Baxi have made many boilers

Hi folks, I'm having the the same problems, I have a baxi 80e, and had to swap out my old switchmaster sm 300,and was advised to buy the drayton lp111, so I've just bought the timeswitch but can't get the central heating to fire up,my hot water works fine,so I'm really confused about the wiring?.I have 4 wires from my boiler blue,brown ,earth and a black wire,also have the pictures of the old switchmaster sm 300 wiring, so can someone please have a look at this picture, thanks so much,and appreciated, wayne

Attachments

• 20230921_174352.jpg
    20230921_174352.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230921_174358.jpg
    20230921_174358.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230922_142804.jpg
    20230922_142804.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 47
Do you have a room thermostat and is it set high enough? I think the common and heating on are also the wrong way around

Hiya ,and thanks for getting back to me,OK I have followed the drayton lp111 diagram, because obviously the old backplate wiring was for the old switchmaster, but be honest, I have tried every combination I could think off,and yes my thermostat is all the way up,? I'm lost ,lol

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I have followed the drayton lp111 diagram, because obviously the old backplate wiring was for the old switchmaster,
As you should.

, I have tried every combination I could think off,
There shouldn't be a need to try every combination! You should only be following the wiring diagram.

Screenshot_20230925-183657_Chrome.jpg

First of all, have you used the new Drayton backplate?

Connect the two blue cables to N
Connect the two brown cables to L
Connect the two earth cables to the earth terminal
Use the small yellow cable to connect L to terminal 1
Connect the black cable to terminal 3

Then show us a picture of how you have done!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back